Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More Perfect Pairs from Domino

Here are some more "Perfect Pairs" from the Domino post below on the Lucite console. Of course we all need a mirror or two in our house, but what about a chic piece of art over a lovely console? Sometimes I think we rely too much on mirrors for decorating. Let's help fund some of those starving artists out there and start putting some paintings over vestibule consoles! Namely my hubby's, http://www.joex2.com/. But until then, here's some lovely and some not so lovely perfect pairs.
Squire Fox
I like this chino-deco look. I think the table on it's own is a bit too much but with the contrast of the Sunburst mirror it gives it a more eclectic look. Nice pairing.

Squire Fox
The butler tray table is a look that can work in various spaces, not to mention it is very functional when you have company. And who doesn't love the sustainability of bamboo? Score!


Squire Fox
The French gilt mirror is nice, but the skinny legged table is just okay for me. Nothing to write home about and for $2340 I could do a lot better.


Squire Fox
I feel like the horizontal mirror here is kind of not right. Loving the table. They have a similar style Parsons at West Elm right now for under $400.

Squire Fox
I don't know about this one. The mirror is super busy even though I really like birds and the chunkiness of the table is not setting the world on fire. Next.


Squire Fox
OK, I know they are trying to show us different stuff but this is a mess. No! It's like something that should be in the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum. Not feeling this look at all!



Squire Fox
Does anyone else think this mirror is WAY too big for this lil ol' table? Besides, we all know Oscar isn't the most fond of Ralph. Bad pair.

Squire Fox
And now this mirror seems too small for this table. The should have switched those two. Some poor intern probably screwed up and is now working at an Expo Design Center, which we all know has folded too...


Squire Fox
This look is nice, I really like the galley mirrors on this wall color.


Squire Fox
Not my taste, sorry.

Squire Fox
This look is too dated for me. Like there should be some old lady in a stocking cap hunched over a rotary sewing machine making a flag on this table.

No comments: