Friday, March 20, 2009

Noir House

The color black is so classic and chic yet people are considerably afraid to use black when decorating. I sometimes see black in hotel decor such as the Night Hotel in NYC, but very seldom in a home. The seductive color can be found in a vast array of materials from wood to lacquer to leather to rubber. I've gathered a few examples of how chic a black room can be without looking Gothic or drab.

Metropolitan Home dressed an editorial page in black accessories available like the Bamboo Cape Mirror by Darryl Carter for Thomasville, lacquer and leather Lancaster Chair by Lulu DK and the oversized polycarbonate vase by Philippe Starck with Eugeni Quitllet for Kartell.

Walk on Tile used this advert to show an interior room in 3-D porcelain tile.

Angeleno Interiors published the media room of Minotti President Mary Ta. Mary used seven coats of black lacquer spray paint to coat her wood panels and dressed the room with a Minotti sectional and rug that reads, "Just sit back, let the music play, and chill out with me".

When I saw this black kitchen I knew I had to have one like it someday, JaDIE! I know I copied it from someone's blog and if was yours please let me know so I can credit you. I love the glossy finish of the cabinetry and the mirrored back splash and glass counter tops just look like a million bucks.

2 comments:

Alkemie said...

I think black is a gorgeous and dramatic color when used right. The kitchen you showed is one of my all time favorite kitchens. Love the tiled room!

Great spread.

Cheers,
Karen O.

Abby said...

I love that last kitchen pic! I have that in my inspiration files as well. Thanks for stopping by the blog today!