Friday, April 3, 2009

Designer Dogs

Ever notice how many dogs you see in design magazines these days? Whether it's an architecture spread, an interiors feature or an advertisement, dogs are the standout stars in our design layouts. Some of my favorites:

Domino featured Ruthie Sommers on their first cover nuzzling her dog. Photo by Melanie Acevedo.

Stephanie Snyder's Pug poses in her Manhattan apartment. Photo by Joshua McHugh.

Fred A. Bernstein captured this happy Bulldog/Pug combo at a Hollywood Hills cottage.

Nisi Berryman and her terrier Buddy pose in front of her Palm Beach home. Photo by Ken Hayen.

Hungarian Pointer Sugar relaxes in his sunken living room in West Hills, Oregon. Photo by John Granen.

Nothing says welcome home like a couple of k-9's at your front door. Photo found in Metropolitan Home.

Liberace is always a standout in any Jonathan Adler photo shoot. Photo by Colleen Duffley.

Some statuesque Greyhounds guard the Miami gate of Paul Wilmont. Photo by William Waldron.

The home of Ione Skye has more than one furry friend but her leather Doberman lives in her bedroom. Photos by Paul Costello

A warm hearted lapdog can keep you company in front of the fridge.

Carolina Herrera Jr. featured this painting of a Boxer in her bookcase in Madrid. Photo by Eric Cahan.

Jonathan Adler featured these hot pink Poodles in the Malibu Barbie Dream House. Photo by Tom Andrews.

Woodson & Rummerfield used this ceramic Boxer to decorate the home of Suzanne Marques. Photo by Angie Silvy.

An advertisement for Grace Home features a Chocolate Lab in a fancy necklace.

And speaking of dogs in necklaces, my dearest Bad Girl wore her best pearls for my wedding in Palm Springs. She looked so stunning she even made our Palm Springs Life Magazine spread, see below.

She sat on my train during my photos, it was too funny. Photo by Dan Ryan.

7 comments:

The TownhouseLady said...

I always love when you see the pets that live in the house. I'm seeing them in RE listings too.

Is it me or does the dog on the cover of Grace Home look like they're about to pull a "Toby"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cP0wZlOnw

Lucinda said...

OMG, you did not just bring up Tobey and his worm having ass!

Arlynn said...

Awww... I just lvoe seeing pups in pictures, they just make spaces seem so much more alive!

Although, I think my sweet pup, Max should be gracing the pages of at least a few publications ; - ) He really reminds me of that cute white pooch in front of the fridge, ha!

Adorable.

♥ Chloe said...

It's because no house is complete without a pup.

I want to see more pics of Bad Girl! AHEM.

The TownhouseLady said...

I second that Chloe! Bad Girl looks precious. I love how she sits side saddle. VERY classy Bad Girl!

Fifi Flowers said...

Your "bad girl" on your train is CLASSIC!!!

Jill said...

I love this post...I always thought I was a cat person...until I got three dogs! I would be lost without them.