Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pizzeria Mozza

Last night, my dearest friend and fellow Arnold's bartender Carrie was in town with her husband Andy from Virginia. We met up with her and my friends Mel and Reza for a little Mozza. I forgot my camera, but just to recap our delicious meal, we ordered:

Meatballs al forno $12 - Unbelievable, one of my favorites
Mozza caprese $12
Little gem lettuces, dates, red onion & gorgonzola $15
Fennel sausage, panna, red onion & scallions $15
Funghi misti, fontina, taleggio & thyme $15
Gorgonzola dolce, fingerling potatoes, radicchio & rosemary $13 - Another favorite, incredible white style pie
Prosciutto di Parma, rucola, tomato & mozzarella $15
Pizza alla benno: speck, pineapple, jalapeno, mozzarella & tomato $16 - Spicy, sweet and delicious
Caramel copetta with marshmallow sauce & Spanish salted peanuts - The most amazing treat you will ever taste and certainly my last dieing meal
Kaffir lime cheesecake with lime caramel


Seriously, do not miss this Los Angeles den of palatable sin. Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joseph Bastianich have outdone themselves. Reservations run about a month so be sure you call ahead if you are planning a trip, you won't be sorry!

2 comments:

maison21 said...

the best! i've never tried the meatballs al forno, though- thanks for the tip!

i actually had reservations last thursday to take a friend from out of town- who informed me an hour before dinner that they had given up wheat AND diary. had to sub sushi instead :-(

Lucinda said...

Your friend may have been wooed back to the wheat and dairy by the aroma alone. Next time call me, I'll meet you for a meatball anytime.