Monday, April 27, 2009

When Trends Won't Die

Way back in 2005 the trend watch in Domino featured skulls. Don't get me wrong, skulls can be great on the right thing, but somebody needs to call Lisa Kline and let them know over there. Skulls on EVERYTHING? Like every piece of clothing in your shop has a skull or cross on it. Those cashmere sweaters were at Barney's and they were like $1,200 - $2,500! The tote is fine and even the plates are okay, but take it easy on the skulls people. Photo by Cleo Sullivan.

Chandeliers belong on a ceiling, not on a tank top. The pillows are not my favorite but I can let them slide. The plates are okay. I have some note cards with chandeliers on them and that is fine but the chandelier thing has been taken way too far as well. Please do not make anymore clothing with chandeliers on them. Photo by Mikkel Vang.

6 comments:

Arlynn said...

Ahhh... you're so right - Stop the skulls. Now.

But, maybe not on the tote because I think that's kinda cute too.

The TownhouseLady said...

Thank you for addressing a problem that has long been plaguing us.

maison21 said...

oy- it's the chandeliers that get me. oy. oy. oy.

i have to admit, last year i got the cutest baby sweater with a smiley face skull & crossbones on it for a friend (in my defense - it was a over a year ago, and for a baby. anything a baby wears is cute- 'cept maybe a chandelier).

Chloe said...

Oh, this makes me stabby.

Stab stab stab.

Laura [What I Like] said...

Thank you for giving voice to such a serious problem. I could not agree more...it's all just been so...I don't know...done.

MellyMel said...

Did you notice that Silex had chandalier pillows in their newly renovated Brooklyn nightmare?? HOW FUNNY!!!