Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day/Birthday Mom!

Today is not only Mother's Day, it's my mother's birthday!  Cheryl Pace, you are one of a kind!

It's always been glamorous having such a beautiful woman for a mother.  The daughter of tobacco farmers, she went onto to become a debutante and a beauty queen.

My mom married my father in the early seventies.  She often designed and sewed her own clothes.

My parents were married for about five or six years and then I came along....

Here we are at an outdoor wedding I believe.  My parents took me everywhere with them.

This must have been Christmas or maybe even New Years Eve.  I was probably about 5 and even then wore stylish boots.

My mom and dad divorced in the early nineties and my mom started dating Mike who is great.  Here we are at a VT football game.  I tried to tell her to wear something spirited but she insisted on a mink coat.  I don't really have much room for argument here seeing as I am channeling Jackie O circa 1974.

My college graduation.

Kicking up her heels at my wedding.  No matter what she is always the life of the party.

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday Mom, still the sweetest, most selfless and most gorgeous woman I know.

And Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there, especially all the great moms I am friends with and all of the great moms-to-be I know.

4 comments:

Chloe said...

What a great post, Lu! And you are sooo pretty. And your mom looks genuinely like a tons of fun. Mink to a VT football game? Love it.

The TownhouseLady said...

I love this montage! Your mom is a helluvastylin woman. Want to know something funny? I'm pretty sure my mom has the exact same glasses you mom is wearing in her boogie down photo. Gosh the resemblance between the two of you is remarkable. It's especially evident in looking at the photo of her sitting on the arm of the chair with your dad.

I've so enjoyed looking at the posts and pics that all the bloggers have put up of their moms. So cool.

Anonymous said...

I AM THE LUCKIEST MOM IN THE WORLD BEING BLESSED WITH A DAUGHTER LIKE YOU. THANK YOU.

Jill said...

Such a great post!! Made me cry a little. I miss my Mom, dammit! I wish she and I lived in the same city.