Monday, May 11, 2009

Pulling Off Rustic Chic

I don't really do the whole woodsy country chic look, but these accessories were too cute to pass up. This brass and marble tripod table is probably my favorite and could mesh with any decor, Room Service Home $284.

Some silver plated birds could top off a Thanksgiving centerpiece or decorate a mantle, Barrons Catalog $32.95 pair.


I have always said the key to a well designed room is a decorative letter opener or magnifying glass. This antler handled glass would look chic on a coffee table or vestibule Parson's desk, Apartment 48 $55.

And anyone who knows me can testify that I love a decorative ice bucket. Made of aluminum and stainless steel, "Botanical Bark" by Michael Aram would add an element of the outdoors to any home bar, $140.


Wood grain can be tricky. If you're not careful, your abode can wind up looking like Paul Bunyan's Cabin or a Surf Shack. The Mahogany cup & saucer from Marc Blackwell New York can help you walk that fine line.

2 comments:

maison21 said...

"I don't really do the whole woodsy country chic look"

thank goodness! (and pretty choices, especially the ice bucket).

The TownhouseLady said...

I've always wanted that table. I have a real cheap knock-off version.