Monday, May 11, 2009

Restaurant Design Trends

Dining By Design hosted their second annual fundraiser in Boston to raise money for Design Industries Foundation Fighting Aids. Some of the designs are strictly over the top, kind of like a concept car. And some designs are meant to be implicated in the culinary community, like the above La Fantasie Japonaise by Duffy Design Group. Photos by Eric Roth.

The Teahouse is probably my favorite. I think the ceiling is very reminiscent of gills and it flows nicely with the colors and lighting. By Christofi Interiors and Gleysteen Design LLC.

This table setting title Deconstruction, had beautifully soft colors. By Charles Fletcher Designs.

And Natural Wonder, designed by Miechi Peng Studio. I could easily see this at Mariah Carey's house.

2 comments:

Chloe said...

I liked the butterflies. Then I saw your comment about Mariah Carey and thought, "Oh yeah" and had to try really hard to not punch myself in the face.

I-5 Design & Manufacture said...

These are all interesting designs. I would have to agree with you, The Teahouse is probably my favorite too. I like the curved ceiling with concealed illumination. Thanks for posting this.