Friday, May 29, 2009

A Stylish Dog Boutique

Something worth walking into actually opened on Melrose not too long ago. Orange Bone is a dog store that sells only rescue dogs from the animal shelter. Most dogs are between $250 and $300 and come with all their shots and a guarantee of lots of love and kisses. This model for change will hopefully find homes for countless rescues and help shut down illegal puppy mills. Orange Bone successfully found homes for 40 dogs within their first month of opening, and they hope to help over 1,000 rescues dogs find new homes every year.

The interior is chic with oval cut out partitions for viewing available dogs and puppies. DWR's Random pendant light in orange really gives the store a bright and clean appearance. A glossy white floor has little orange paw prints leading you to different parts of the space including a large variety of pet products for sale including brands like Coach, Juicy Couture, and Bowhaus among others. Everything your pooch needs for grooming, leashes and collars, toys, clothing, bedding and even Three Dog Bakery treats can be found at Orange Bone.

The storefront hosts a couple different PETaPOTTYs, an L.A. developed and produced "business area" for your indoor or high-rise living pet. Made of sod and using a bacteria eliminating enzyme to eliminate odors and stains, this pet potty is guaranteed for life. They even have a service that will come out to your house and replace your grass and clean your potty for you. So basically Orange Bone is not only a good store with good stuff, they are doing something good by helping all these pound puppies. Images courtesy of Daily Barker.

7 comments:

Abby said...

What a fantastic place! I've had my 2 rescue dogs for about a year and they are the loves of my life! Great cause + Good logo + stylish design, what more could you ask for in a store.

The Townhouselady said...

I can honestly think of no reason on gods green earth to ever get an animal from anywhere except a rescue.

I love this post.

Pets are companions not accessories.

The Townhouselady said...

I had to post a link to this on my blog.

Don't kill me when you see the post title! I'll change it if you want (maybe).

Lucinda said...

OMG, you're a hoot.

Chloe said...

Awwwww! What a clever idea. I'd totally become a dog hoarder if it weren't for Husband. You'd see me being interviewed on the nightly news (as they're hauling me away for a nice ride in a police car) mumbling, "But...but...they all needed love!"

The fact that I even know I have the tendency to do something like that is kind of sad, but it really is so hard to not want to adopt them all. Poor babies. :(

maison21 said...

i just drove by it yesterday, and wondered what the story was- i'll have to stop in to buy something next time as it's an excellent cause! thanks for filling me in!

and i so agree with townhouse lady about rescues- so many unloved pets need homes.

patricia said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Patricia

http://largepet.info