Friday, May 8, 2009

Toast's Red Velvet Cupcake

I have long been a lover of cupcakes, way before they were trendy and way before there was a cupckae boutique every five miles. I am gonna say that Sprinkles is good for chocolates, Jones has a killer chocolate peanut butter and a marshmellow fluff that is wicked awesome. I don't care for Dots or Yummy and Vanilla has some dry texture to the cake, I think Costco makes a pretty damn good oversized cupcake. So, as someone with more experience and let's face it, smarter, at cupcakes than most of you, I would like to give you some advice: Toast has the best Red Velvet Cupcake on the planet. If you think you know a better one you are wrong. Hubby bought me some of these the other night. I tried to quit cupcakes a while ago, kind of like how the SATC gals stopped drinking Cosmo's cause everybody else was. It all came rushing back. The best $1.95 you will ever spend.

5 comments:

The TownhouseLady said...

That's just mean showing that. Red Velvet's my favorite.

Bitch

Arlynn said...

Oh... ahhh... mmm... this is the sound of me enjoying my ginormous (like everything else in the store) chocolate/chocolate whipped icing cupcake from Costco : - )

They're my favorite & no one around here believes me - they make fun. And I'll tell you what, when I received one "fancy" boutique cupcake for my B-day, I was wishing it was the Contco version!

Hilarious.

Lucinda said...

THL - You can get me back, just post a pic of a tastey slice from Two Boots and we'll be even.

Arlynn - Costco cupcakes are a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention you get like 24 for $16.99. The only problem is eating 24.

The TownhouseLady said...

Two Boots, I have had that in ages.

I'm going to have to hit up Costco now. I'm usually a BJ's shopper. Freeze half. I'll even eat them frozen (think ice cream cake).

Laura [What I Like] said...

I feel you...I shunned cupcakes for the longest time because it annoyed me that they were such a trend, and then I caved and had one from Butter Lane in the East Village and remembered why I love them. Perfection.