Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Invites

I knew I wanted the invites to coordinate with the damask pattern and hummingbird of the engagement party.  My graphic genius friend Peter Robertson worked with me to come up with these.  I ordered black envelopes from Envelope Mall and the RSVP card was a mini version of the invitation.  Inclusions were for travel, accommodations, attractions and directions.  I separated everything with a bright yellow piece of vellum.  I printed everything on a 80 lb card-stock in bright white and cut it all myself.  It was a big chore but they were unique and looked beautiful.  I made a wrap around label (thanks to Martha) and used a wax seal of a bird with an envelope in it's beak and sealed the back in black wax.  It was stunning, I really was proud of them.

I also included the rehearsal dinner invitation in with the official invitation.  These were printed on the same card-stock as the invite but cut slightly smaller.  The RSVP card was the same graphic but in a vertical layout.  My talented hubby made the silhouettes of us and we even found a way to include little Bad Girl in the middle.  The return envelope was also black with a return address label adorning the silhouettes as well.

2 comments:

The Townhouselady said...

Oh my god, those are stunning! So elegant but not stuffy and frou-frou. I LOVE that you put bad girl on them.

Laura [What I Like] said...

How awesome! It never ceases to amaze me how insanely expensive invitations are, and you've done such a beautiful one basically on your own steam...brava!