Monday, June 1, 2009

My Engagement

We got engaged on 7-7-07 at the Griffith Observatory. It was absolutely beautiful as it had just re-opened from years of renovation and the weather was HOT! We both knew it was going to happen but my then boyfriend of five plus years was still nervous. He asked me if I wanted him to get down on his knees and I said of course, and he did and I said yes. The funny thing about getting engaged in public is that everyone around you knows what just happened, but in our case everyone was looking up so I don't think anyone there had a clue! We planned an engagement party to celebrate with our friends and family in town. Invite look familiar? I'll be back later with some photos and ideas I used for the party.

4 comments:

...love Maegan said...

how fabulous!

Arlynn said...

Yea, I'm so excited for wedding week!

The hubs & I celebrated our actual 1 year anniversary on Saturday evening with some cuddling, a movie, champagne & of course, the top of our wedding cake : - )

I am in LOVE with your celebration invites - how perfectly sweet & stylish!

The Townhouselady said...

I'm really looking forward to wedding week.

Chloe said...

Awww. My heart just melted. Into a big pile of goo.

*goo*