Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Save the Dates

I decided to make a Save the Date magnet to send out about six months before our wedding.  These are never a necessary thing but when you are living on a separate coast from your family and friends, it helps to give them a little frame of reference for planning their trip.  Since we live in Los Angeles but got married in Palm Springs it was indeed a destination wedding all around.  I had these made into magnets that were about the size of a business card.  I'm a big holiday card kinda gal so I bought photo corner stickers and inserted these into our holiday cards.  It saved on postage as well as an extra step.  Plus, I didn't like the idea of sending something so small in a larger envelope, it just didn't look right.  If you decide to send a Save the Date, you should definitely send them to your family and anyone living out of town first.  If you have extras, then send them out to your friends you see and talk to all the time.  You only need to include the date and city you are getting married in so if you don't have all your details mapped out yet don't worry.  This process will buy you some time on the details and the official invites but still get your guests in the zone for your big day.

3 comments:

Arlynn said...

These are fantastic, and I LOVE that you know what you like & stick to your color/theme. I can't stand it when wedding stationary looks like a jumbled mess!

The Hubs & I were debating over magnents & postcards for our Save the Dates & in the end, oversized graphic black & white photo postcards won out...

Thanks for sharing all of your goods : - )

p.s. I think wedding week should happen at least once a year - loving it!

Lucinda said...

Thanks sweetie! We went with the magnets cause we had plans for postcards later on...you'll see.

The Townhouselady said...

Great idea. I'm with Arlynn and really dig the color scheme too.