Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Seeing Stripes at the Met

We have all seen the red carpet images of the Fashion Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. But did you see any images of the inside? There is a spread in this month's Vogue with some great pictures of the decor designed by production designer John Myhre and art decorator Raul Avilas. The theme was inspired by former NYC nightclub, El Morocco.

What do you think of the zebra stripes? It's very bold, especially considering the venue. For even more shots, go HERE.

5 comments:

Chloe said...

Hm. That's an unexpected surprise. I kind of like it?

Jill said...

I like the unexpected...love this. Remember the Suzani runway during the Gucci fashion show. Adored that!

The Townhouselady said...

I would sell my first born to be able to get into this. I wouldn't even care if it were as a server.

Just let me in and around all those talented people.

Love the zebra.

Jilly in Idaho said...

That is a gorgeous entrance to the main room. I love the zebra for the long shot but would be afraid I'd trip with all that pattern (and I probably would :) ) I also loved the piece M. Jacobs did of the muse model.
You're right of course about Cal W. He's still alive at age 88 or 89! I really thought he had passed on. Don't know where I got that. As for ol' Vince baby, he never had to do any time. The prosecutor didn't press charges against either of them. He's still a big ewwww.

Lucinda said...

I don't know when you left SoCal, but even Snoop Dogg has a commercial with Cal. He's one every fifteen minutes, I swear! Vince being on the loose is a scary thing though, thanks for the update.