Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Sound of Death

As news of Michael Jackson's death travels faster than a speeding bullet, I cannot help but let you know what it is like working three blocks down from the hospital in which he died. There are probably 30-40 helicopters in the sky, constant police cars and fire trucks rushing down the streets with sirens blaring. People on the street are crying and there is a news correspondent on every corner. I am sort of scared for what it will be like trying to drive out of Westwood Village tonight. I feel kind of like how Henry Hill felt during that dinner scene in Goodfella's when he thought the copters were following him all day and he was driving around trying to trade silencers for coke and guns. The King of Pop is dead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I loved MJ growing up. THe man has been through a lot, the fire that burned his hair/face, the sexual accusations...May his family have peace.

Lucinda said...

I think it was best said last night that we should celebrate his life and all the good that he did do rather than focus on the later years that confused all of us. Regardless, I do hope his kids can have a somewhat normal life after all is said and done.

Anonymous said...

I personally am more interested in Farrah. She fought that cancer like a trooper. Her documentary is amazing and her spirituality and great love of life were very inspiring. I know her early work was fluff, but "The Burning Bed" was an amazing perfomance - and the first TV movie to offer an 800 number to support victims.

I have a hard time getting over Jacko's pedophilia.

...love Maegan said...

I love that you chose that Koons piece for your MJ tribute!!!!!! oh you kill me!