Monday, July 6, 2009

Because Pirate's Need Supplies Too

Have you ever heard of 826 Valencia? If you said no, chances are you are NOT a Pirate. Well, 826 Valencia is actually a do-gooder non-profit group started in San Francisco in 2002 to help kids 6 to 18 with their writing skills. Oh, and they are the only independent Pirate supply store in the Bay Area as well. They offer lard, flags, eye patches, mops, glass eyes and the like. Above are some custom designs by design firm Office including Scurvy Begone, Temporary Tattoos and Bone Soup among others.

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Hahaha, cute. ARRGH! PIRATES!

And how I have O Valencia by The Decemberists stuck in my head.

The Townhouselady said...

I WANT IT ALL!!

No, I'm not a pirate but my cat does have a patch over it's eye. Does that count?

Seriously- I am SO getting some of this.