Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Irish Traveller Update

This is not what my Holy Communion looked like, but nonetheless here is an Irish Travellers take on the Catholic ceremony.

This little lady wore an actual wedding dress that was altered for the occasion, how lovely.




This is my favorite photo of the bunch, I like to call it the Holy Trinity. What is going on here? We have a very bandaged finger/hand combo here on the lower left, a very dressed up chicky in yellow holding a bag of who knows what, and something extremely confusing here in the middle. There is either a little person Traveller or just a small girl being completely overtaken by too much clothing and clip on hair in the middle here. Clearly these two little boys are scared shitless.

Apparently our little Communion goer needed two grown men to stuff her and her enormous dress into her carriage.







Thanks again to Eddie for sharing these amazing photos from Rathkeale, County Limerick.

7 comments:

The Townhouselady said...

Holly Madison bartered that limo to them in order to get Hef's driveway repaved.

Lucinda said...

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I know you are probably getting sick of this, but I KNOW Holly. at least she was Holly Cullen then. We worked together at Hooters. I have stories...

Jilly in Idaho said...

I LOVE your updates on the Travellers! They are the most fascinating specimens of an offbeat clan. Were these pictures from Ireland? I love how they try to outdo one another and think more is more. The cars alone tell their own story - a classic Bentley (is that what that is?), a plastic covered carriage and the classic Playboy limo. Amazing.... Thanks!

The Townhouselady said...

I never get sick of that stuff.

You must give us deets. E them if necessary. I gotta know.

Jill said...

"little person traveler" too friggin' funny! Not very PC of me, but I'm not the one who typed it!

Pigtown-Design said...

HOLY JEEEEZUS!

Pigtown-Design said...

HOLY JEEEEZUS!