Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Addictions

Summer is my favorite time of year and I don't think I have to sell you on why. But nonetheless, here are some of the reasons for my love affair with summer:

I really love white wine in the summer. I have been recently drinking Chateau Ste. Michelle Sauvignon Blanc, it is the perfect balance of sweet and dry. I want to take a trip to this winery one day, has anyone ever been? It looks so relaxing.

Last summer we invested in a couple of these beach loungers with the little face rest and arm holes cut-outs. They are really great if there isn't any wind. It makes it comfortable to actually lie on your stomach and read at the same time instead of planting your face into a towel.

I love my clover shaped Van Cleef and Arpels shell necklace like the ones above. It goes with everything and adds that touch of summer to every outfit.

Chanel Hydramax + is my new favorite daily moisturizer. I used to be faithful to Laura Mercier but the smell and smooth texture of this facial fruit is amazing. Paired with the serum below, it just doesn't get any better.

I am not sure which smells better, the lotion or the serum, but either way it's the best way to get a summer day started.

Seriously, I need to quit the iced mocha. It might be time for an intervention.

Walking with my husband for a delicious sushi lunch on Saturdays at our neighborhood spot, Izaka-Ya. This place never fails to deliver.

There is no better beach read than a gossip mag. I have to have these when headed to the sand or on any flight. Something about their silly banter paired with their ridiculous photos are just entertaining. US Weekly and OK are my faves. I have taken a brief hiatus until the Jon and Kate crap dies down. I just want to hear about celeb break ups and make-overs, "not real" life drama.

Last summer I bought this Madras Tote from J. Crew before our honeymoon and it has become my go-to beach bag. It's big enough for my magazines, beach towel, lotion and everything else. Plus it's lightweight and easy to roll up and stick in a small suitcase to bring on vacation.

I picked up some Izze Sparkling Grapefruit (you'll see a trend here, I like Grapefruit!) and I love the refreshing punch these little sodas pack. The perfect summer libation.

I picked up these Pucci-esque Matthew Williamson sunglasses in June and I adore them!

My new HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook I picked up for school. Since UCLA is on PC, the home MAC was giving me some issues with files. I really wanted a MacBook Pro but didn't want to have to reboot all the time. I went with this PC Notebook which was relatively inexpensive but still very powerful, has a decent video card, 4 gigs and an impressive brocade casing that consists of decorative stylized dragons. Weighing in under 4 pounds was also enticing. I am very pleased with it!


Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Shampoo and Conditioner is so moisturizing! I started using it a few months ago and I am really hooked. And that means something coming from a girl who doesn't mess around with anything but luxurious hair care products.

The best scent there is period, is even better in the summer. Henri Bendel's Grapefruit Candle is hands-down my all-time favorite.

I am still wearing my Gilda Gladiator sandals by Sam Edelman from last season and I still love them just as much as I did last summer.

I picked this little bottle up in the LAX Airport Body Shop for $17.50. The White Musk is exotic and luxurious yet still light enough for summer. I cannot get enough.

4 comments:

The Townhouselady said...

I'm a grapefruit fanatic too! It's just so refreshing.

I'm thinking a glass of white wine with a splash of Izze as a yummy summer spritzer.

Great list.

Arlynn said...

Those chairs are genius!!!

And the Hubs is obsessed with those Issy drinks... yum :-)

Laura [What I Like] said...

White wine really is one of the best things about summer. I've been loving the Broadbent Vinho Verde lately...

Chloe said...

I go for strawberry daiquiri's myself. Straight wine now does something weird to me with my arthritis, I wake up all hurty and achey and bad. :(

I love your summer picks, it's also my favorite time of year. I dread the oncoming winter months like no other, ugh.