Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gipsy Needs a Little Help

I am one of those people who would choose snuggling with a furry friend over just about anything and when I heard about Gipsy I literally cried. As most of you know, I was lucky enough to adopt Miss Bad Girl six years ago and having her has been a huge highlight in my life. Shelter dogs are so sweet and loving, and unfortunately there are still too many of them in need right now.

A friend of mine forwarded me this info about Gipsy, an American Bulldog currently under the care of Ace of Hearts in Los Angeles. Gipsy has a torn ACL and needs surgery to correct this. Without the surgery, she is in pain and will have a permanent limp in her walk. Bad Girl had the same surgery and now she has a bionic leg and can run with the rest of the big dogs!

Ace of Hearts is run by fellow interior designer Kari Whitman. Ace of Hearts raised most of the money for her surgery ($4K-$5K) but they still need a little help. You can donate as little as $10, so skip a Starbucks trip this week and help out this cuddly K9. It is super easy to make a donation, all you have to do is click HERE!

Thanks everybody! And Gipsy thanks you too!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Awwww, I love this post. If it were up to me I'd have a whole gaggle of dogs, and I mean a gaggle. Actually if it were up to me I'd probably be a dog hoarder, because I totally have those lack-of-impulse-control tendencies.

PUPPEHS! NEEEEEEEEED.