Monday, August 10, 2009

A Study in Chateaux


I am currently working on a project inspired by a French Renaissance Chateau. A co-worker of mine lent me some stunningly beautiful books that were published in 1949. Although they are all in French, the pictures I thought were really classic. Here's a few I am using for the look-book.

Bonneval

Brissac

Chateau de Chenonceau. The famous bedroom of mistress Diane de Poitiers.

Guardsroom at Cenonceau

Exterior of Chenonceau

My favorite, guardsroom at Cheverny

Effiat

Meillant

Messilhac

Monbazillac

Exterior at Monbazillac

Saint Germaine

Saint Germaine

Sully Sur Loire Salon

Reflection of Sully Sur Loire

3 comments:

Arlynn said...

I'm ready to move in - as long as I have access to 24/7 butler & maid services...

A great example of French Chateau style, here in the US is Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC - a place I've been working with recently & LOVE to visit!!! Absolutely worth a day or two of your time if you make a trip out that way :-)

Lucinda said...

Yes! I have been fortunate enough to have the Biltmore send me some high-res photos for my personal use with the look-book. They are really stunning!

Laura [What I Like] said...

I'm loving those ceilings...no one pays any attention to ceilings anymore!