Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Melika's & Rick's Wedding

This past Saturday, my friends Melika & Rick got married in Century City. The courtyard at the Intercontinental was so romantic, I tried to get a few shots before the daylight was totally gone.

There were cocktails and hors d'oeuvres before the ceremony, including some delicious sushi.

The up-doo I had planned wasn't happening, so in a last minute frenzy I just left me hair down and parted it in the middle. It wound up being a good thing because the twilight air got cool and it helped keep me warm in my open backed Matthew Williamson dress.

A full shot of the dress. It was really gorgeous and I loved wearing it.

My friend Jennifer did a great job as the Maid of Honor. Her and Melika have been friends since childhood. She is so tall and beautiful, I always feel like a little munchkin next to her. She was kind enough to slouch a little as to get my head in the frame.

And hubby kept it dapper with a martini. Do you love the watch? I bought it for him on our first anniversary.

The bridal party had a blast. The groom's grandmother started things off by coming down the aisle to some Persian music. Everyone was clapping and cheering and she could not have been more precious. The bride's grandfather was next and he opted for some Rat Pack tunes. Everyone walked or danced down the aisle to a different song, it was really fun.

And some danced from start to finish...

The groom not only looked handsome, he looked happy. He should be, he found a great girl! I wish my picture of his parents turned out better, his mother looked like a Persian movie star.

And I have never seen my friend Melika look more stunning. She was a vision! Her mother walked her down the aisle.

The ceremony was short and sweet and here's one of the first phtots of the Mr. & Mrs.!

The reception moved inside to the Grand Ballroom and more cocktails and tables full of food awaited us. Instead of placecards, they opted for a large photo from their engagement session framed with everyone's name listed alphabetically with their table assignment next to their name. I loved it! And what a beautiful photo!

Persian weddings never seem to end! Dancing went on into the wee hours of the night. I was exhausted just being a guest, I can't even imagine how wiped Melika must have been by the end. It was a whole lot of fun though.

The band was fantastic. The singer played ethnic music and some contemporary songs too. The dj slipped in some current radio play to give them a break now and then so it really kept things moving.

A better look at the beautiful Ballroom. And of course the flowers were fab as well.

Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Rafael.

8 comments:

The Townhouselady said...

Your dress was stunning and look how handsome your man was!

I'm such a sap, I just love weddings. Even if I don't know the people!

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

Looks like a fun night. What a gorgeous couple. I love weddings!

Chloe said...

Of course I love the watch- I bought that for Husband for Christmas almost two years ago. LOL. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, YOU.

(Seriously, though, it's a great watch!)

(AND YOU LOOK OMG SO STUNNING!)

sarah said...

LOVE your dress.

Lindsey Conrad - Nabors said...

Fab dress & the wedding looked beautiful!!

Jill said...

You looked beautiful...everyone looked beautiful!! You get to go to so many weddings. I just love weddings...but when your in your
40's there just are't many weddings to go to anymore, which sucks!

Lucinda said...

Thanks ladies, it was fun! Believe it or not, I have another wedding this weekend, so stay tuned!

Melika Rafael said...

OMG! How cute are you. I had no idea you did this. I love it and thanks so much! Lets get together soon.