Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rayya's & Aaron's Wedding

Wedding # 3 of 2009 came in the form of my Palestinian gal pal Rayya and her now hubby Aaron and their beach-beautiful bash this weekend in La Jolla, CA. The couple are friends of mine from VA Tech and they are really a great pair, living first as roommates and becoming friends. Friends became lovers, lovers became partners; these two do everything together and I couldn't be happier for them. They chose a sunset ceremony at Scripps Seaside Forum (built by none other than my firm) and it was nothing short of lovely. Before the ceremony, we enjoyed some cocktails and had our Polaroid taken for their guest book, a really nice idea.

The weather could not have been more perfect and the very relaxed ceremony was most enjoyable. I had a good seat but unfortunately all my ceremony photos turned out with the tops of other people's heads in them! I guess that's why you pay the big bucks for a professional photographer.

I wore a Nanette Lepore long dress, a gift from hubby on my last birthday. It is so beautiful, I have been dieing for a chance to wear it, thanks Rayya!

Hubby looked handsome in a Ben Sherman seersucker suit.

Aaron's grandmother's husband took a couple of shots of us before the ceremony. He was so cute! People came from all over to be there that day, from Virginia to the mid-west to Ireland.

My only good photo from the ceremony itself.

They used the program fan idea and put fun characitures of the wedding party on the front. They came in handy!

Rayya has never looked more pretty. She was glowing with happiness in a vintage dress.

The groom and groomsmen wore peacock feathers in lieu of a boutonniere and the ladies carried orchids. It was very classic and clean.

I must admit, I spent several moments throughout the night thinking of ways I could abduct the ring bearer. Could he be any cuter? There is nothing more adorable than a teeny tiny mohawked munchkin in an itty bitty linen suit.

The wedding party!


Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Cooke!

3 comments:

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

Cute couple!

I just named you as the recipient of an award on my blog. Hope you'll take a look.

Jilly in Idaho said...

Oh, you are totally excused from your absence. Sigh... I love La Jolla and the whole North County area. My dad lives near there, just outside of Del Mar. The wedding looked beautiful and classy. Love the guys' feathers in lieu of the usual boutonniere. Very original and interesting. I'm sure the air smelled wonderful with the salty sea air. I miss it so much.

The Townhouselady said...

What a beautiful couple, day, setting, guests.

Love when you share these!