Thursday, October 8, 2009

The House of Aguilera

InStyle featured the vibrant and daring home of Christina Aguilera this month and it definitely falls in the category of D.) All of the Above. It is spectacular, stunning, and boldly amazing. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves and they are by Douglas Friedman. The photo above features the Divine Miss X lounging on a daybed in her office writing the next big radio hit most likely.

Seriously, that net worth of the shoes in this closet probably quadruples what I owe in student loans, and not for nothin but that's a hell of a lot. The almost two year old son of Aguilera and her husband Jordan Bratman stands in a diaper looking bewildered as well, too cute. I know Max, mommy likes shoes.

Here is the bedroom which she fashioned after a queen's bedroom with flokati rug covered steps leading up to a four poster bed. It's very romantic. You see the touches of Moroccan, Mediterranean, and Chinoserie flair. Quite the eclectic mashup.

She has vignettes from former tours, videos and performances set up throughout the estate, which she purchased from none other than the Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne a few years ago.

And here we have Jack Osbourne's former bedroom which is now staged as her salon. The whole salon in the house is such a California thing, I never knew anyone back in Philly who had one of these, unless their mom did hair out of their rowhouse or something. Nonetheless, it is vintagely chic and super cute. I would always start singing Beauty School Dropout the second I walked into this space.

A little Lulu Guinness in the bathroom! The cutesy rug leads up to the singer's soaking tub surrounded by tchotchkes collected on her many world tours.

And we all know Christina loves her some make-up. Despite if you like her or loathe her, you have to give it to the girl for never playing it safe both in life and in her home decor. Did I mention the interiors are by Woodson & Rummerfield? Cuz they are.

This photo is one of my favorites, the baby isn't interested in anything going on here! The kitchen features a black and white antique key motif wallpaper and a cream Spanish tiled backsplash. Above the couple hangs one of their many pieces of popart. Hubby Jordan states that he is hooked on graffiti art, yet I don't recall them ever buying a JoeX2 piece. Don't talk the talk Jordan, we live ten minutes from you! You're welcome to stop by the studio and pick out anything you like, I'll give you a good price!

For the love of Lacquer! This sitting area is off the black and white kitchen and it provides so many splashes of color. Urns make such a strong statement, don't they?

The dining room does seem to feel more grown up with Chinoserie Brunschwig & Fils wallpaper and dining chairs from the 1950's. So much of the architecture in Los Angeles is Spanish and not my favorite. I love that this didn't limit them, it's not always easy to pull that off.

Another piece of custom art hangs over some of the many awards Aguilera has received over the years including five grammys. Not bad, right? Just don't invite Kanye over anytime soon, I'm sure he has someone else he feels is more deserving of them than you.

This game room is outrageous! The green walls and smoky mirrored ceiling offset a bubble gum pink pool table and the flashing lights of various arcade games. A zesty Paul Smith rug picks up all the colors of the fun and inviting room.

A vestibule table hosts art by D*Face and Kaws as well as a coffee table book by David LaChapelle which stays open to a portrait of Christina. Again, a JoeX2 piece would nicely finish this little display off, I'm just sayin.

And the outdoor space seems to just sprawl. The richly landscaped grounds include fountains and stone steps. This Balinese pavilion hosts Murano glass chandeliers and Moroccan ottomans. Probably a great place for a little al fresco dining. Nice digs Christina, thanks for sharing!

9 comments:

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

Sometimes when I see a celebrity's home I'm surprised by the style. But in this case, the style seems to suit who she is. Not my taste, but I think it's well done.

Chloe said...

I agree with Karen. And you know...really, I think I have a major girl crush on Christina that has built up all of these years. Not only does she have a voice that kills, but she seems to have a really good head on her shoulders. She's lasted. She hasn't gone batshit crazy, she's now happily married with even a baby in tow. She's something to be admired in today's age of super-digitally-processed popstars that are nothing but clothes, make-up, and a hot body. Christina has all of that, and the talent too.

Sorry. GIRL CRUSH. Hee. Who knew?

The Townhouselady said...

I love Christina but this house is a little 'visually overwhelming' for me. I hope they have one room with just soothing pale tones and no discernible patterns in it.

Lucinda said...

I agree whole heartedly with all of you!

Lindsey Conrad - Nabors said...

I would KILL for her closet!!

Jill said...

I can't get over the shoes. Jealousy has just cast it's shadow behind me!

vicki archer said...

Amazing and very cool...Have a happy weekend, xv.

Fifi Flowers said...

WOW... her house is a TRIP!!! FUN... but I don't know if I could live there everyday... I would need another place for down time!
LOL!

Dobbygirl said...

Yeah, the shoes are to DIE for - God I can only wish. The house in general is not my taste, but hey you work it Christina!