Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Most Interesting Man Alive

Or maybe the most daring? Anyways, I was listening to KROC this morning with Kevin & Bean and they had Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel as their guest. This guy is fascinating and has some great stories about lines of work people in everyday America would never even imagine exists. This show can borderline on disgusting, but it is so freakin interesting. In addition to Dirty Jobs, Mike is the voice of Deadliest Catch and the national spokesman for Ford Trucks. He hosts Shark Week in South Africa, where he field-tested a steel-mesh “shark-suit,” and Egypt Week Live, where he opened and explored newly discovered tombs in the Valley of the Golden Mummies. Extremely kick-ass. Dirty Jobs airs Tuesdays at 9pm on the Discovery Channel.

3 comments:

The Townhouselady said...

I crush on this man so hardcore.

I loves me a rugged manly man with a little dirt on him.

Yumm.

Fifi Flowers said...

I was listen to this too... AMAZING stories to tell!!! Hubby and kids LOVE that show!!! Soooo of course I had to tell them many of his stories!!!
I would NOT be able to do what he does!

Dobbygirl said...

LOVE him! Fast Company magazine did a great profile on him about a year ago.