Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WTF?

Um, did we know that former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson was an aspiring interior designer? Maybe I am the last one to know, because apparently he has been playing hostess on A&E's television series, Keyshawn Johnson: Tackling Design. This gets a big WTF from the Lu. I mean I shouldn't judge before I actually watch the show but I feel as though I should anyway. Regardless, he sat down with Metropolitan Home to dish on some of his favorites, here are the results:

1. Architect: "Frank Gehry, a USC Trojan like me". Epic fail buddy. Epic fail!
2. Furniture Designers: "Charles & Ray Eames". How original? I bet his giant self doesn't even fit in an Eames chair.
3. Cocktail: "Wine from Santa Barabara". Booze hound.
4. Comfort Food: "My mom's fried chicken". I'll let this one slide.
5. Watch Brand: "Rolexes are classic". You think you're better than me don't you?
6. Paint Color: "I want to launch a paint line, so any color from my collection". Wrong. The answer is Ralph Lauren Brompton Grey.
7. Car: "Toyota Prius". Opportunistic environmentalist.
8. Sneakers: "Nike and Coverse". Your endorsements don't mean anything in the design world.
9. Design/Construction Tool: "A tape measure". Wrong again, it's a laser level.
10. Personal Design Philosophy: "Absolutely no clutter. There is a place for everything". Finally we agree on something.

1 comment:

Dobbygirl said...

I'll second the WTF?!? You made me laugh out loud! I needed that today - thanks!