Friday, November 6, 2009

I Said A Louis Louis

Anniversary wishes are in order for the Louis Vuitton workshop of Asnieres (just outside of Paris) as they have been producing goods for Louis Vuitton for 150 years. Fifth generation Patrick-Louis Vuitton currently presides over the luxury goods company and in the tradition of its famous collaborations (Murakami, Stephen Sprouse, etc.) Louis Vuitton creative director Marc Jacobs will be heading up a series of singular pieces with influences from across the boards. And by boards I mean artist Damien Hirst, Photographer Annie Lebovitz, musician Gustavo Santaolalla, and chef Ferran Adria. Not a bad line up if I do say so myself.

Marc himself wanted to crate a signature piece for mans best friend. Jacobs modeled these for his two Bull Terriers and included a photo of himself inside.

And Chef Ferran wanted something that rolled with a removable case to easily check his knives when flying.

Are these pieces available at your local LV store? The answer is of course not.

However, on November 17th Sotheby's London will auction these one of a kind pieces off with all the benefits going to the Red Cross. My bid would go towards this one, love the compartments!

Leibovitz loves her backpack.


But she also wanted a duffle for camera equipment.

This case is stunning, but I don't know how I feel about goatskin. The whole alligator thing is often found in high end luxury goods but Billy Goats is a whole new kind of the sads for me. I love goats, they are so cute!

And last but not least an instrument case by the famed Argentine musician. Not pictured is Hirst's butterfly covered case. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Dobbygirl said...

Swoon for the Louis!