Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ello Elton!


Elton John's Los Angeles apartment is the best space I've seen in a minute. It's edgy and bright and choked full of great artwork, like the Damien Hirst featured above. Martyn Laurence-Bullard designed the place he calls home on the West Coast, thumbs up I say! Photos by Tim Street-Porter.

The 1970's were the point of inspiration and the sweeping city views don't hurt. The low chrome and onyx tables sit atop a Rug Company design, while Dale Chihuly and Marc Quinn pieces adorn the tabletop.

I really love this room, so much so I am using it as a template for a school project right now. A Wang Guangyi oil painting hangs over the silk boucle sofa by B&B Italia. I love it, but a JoeX2 would better suit the wall color, call me Elton.

The kitchen is home to a William Claxton photograph of Peggy Moffitt which served as the cover of the 1966 edition of British society magazine, Queen. How interesting! The stunning chandelier is from the Grand Hotel in Milan, circa 1969. Cabinets by Poliform.

JaDIE for this snake skin bad. I mean, if you're gonna do it you might as well really do it. A Tracy Emin neon installation anchors the room, which also has a platinum leaf ceiling. 

More snaky artwork and a cabinet by Paul Evans faces the bed. I don't know that I could have pleasant dreams with those things starring at me, but to each his own I suppose.

3 comments:

...love Maegan said...

HA! I kind of love it.

Jill said...

If I could have the cocktail table and the bed...I would be a happy girl!

The Townhouselady said...

tell Jill she only gets one of those coffee tables. I want the other one and the Paul Evans cabinet as well.