Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Christmas Tree

Last weekend we decided to go ahead and put our tree up even though we are skipping town for the holidays. It's a 9 ft white tree we bought a few years ago and I love it! We left out most of the lights and only hung some of the ornaments in an effort to make it easier to take down this year. I am also trying to phase out the green wired lights, they don't mesh so well with the white tree! Below are some of my favorite ornaments.

Hubby bought this crown for me a few years ago. I like the black color, it really stands out.

He also gave me these Jonathan Adler porcelain ornaments as a gift last year. There was a pocket watch, a pipe, a key and a shoe, I love them!

I picked up an Eiffel Tower and Empire State Building last year after Xmas at Target for like $3 each.

I can't remember where this little chair came from, West Elm maybe? Isn't it so adorable?

And I have lots of Hello Kitty ornaments I have collected over the years. Hubby only lets me put on some, otherwise we would have a Hello Kitty tree.

And I have lots of these little porcelain eggs with funny little dogs and ducks painted on them. I have no idea where they came from, Neiman Marcus? Can't remember.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Love the white tree. I love ornaments with a story.

I have an idea for a tree that I'd like to do one year, but I'm too lazy to get it together. I'm not very DIY.

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

What a great eclectic mix of ornaments.

Waxy said...

White trees are awesome - as are Hello Kitty ornaments!

sheila said...

Fabulous blog!!! Love your tree! The pipe is so fun!
Come follow me to at http://apunchofcolor.blogspot.com/
Merry Christmas!!!!

Chloe said...

Hahaha, glad to know I'm not the only one that loves Herro Kitty.

*beams*

Pretty tree!

suzannemarques said...

waaaaah! i want to see the hello kitty tree now! :D

beautiful white tree!!

The Townhouselady said...

The tree is great and all but I'm LOVING you wall color. GORGEOUS!

maison21 said...

LOVE the tree, and if i were your husband i'd let you put on all the hello kitty ornaments you wanted (of course then you'd be married to teh gay, so sex would be out- but think of the fun we'd have shopping for even *more* hello kitty ornaments).

;-)

happy holidays to all @ chateau de lu!

Dobbygirl said...

Beautiful! Have a lovely Christmas!