Thursday, April 1, 2010

Trip Down Memory Lane

My freak friend Joanna sent me a link to this ridiculously nostalgic tumblr of awesomeness, I'm Remembering.

If you were born in the seventies or eighties and want to look back on all the toys we played with, food we ate, shit we put in our hair, etc., you must check this blog out. I was completely impressed when I came across Frusen Gladje, the Scandinavian ice cream we enjoyed on the east coast that virtually disappeared. That and Freezy Freakies, the gloves that changed holograms when exposed to cold weather.

Did you have the Little Professor? I did.

If something on I'm Remembering doesn't make you smile, you either had really shitty parents who kept you in a cage or you were raised on Mars.

5 comments:

Arlynn said...

Loved the Barbie dream pool... Before I actually got the real dream pool, I'd fill the sink up in my bathroom with bubbles & water & have Barbe & Ken's hot tub. Hummm... A little weird? Possibly. But, my Barbie & Ken had it so good.

Another game from my childhood, which I am fondly remembering is the game Mall Madness - do you remember it?!? It was *SO* awesome, seriously :-)

Lucinda said...

Don't remember Mall Madness, but my Barbies too had a local watering hole in my sink.

...love Maegan said...

yes, yes and yes! ...amazing.

The Townhouselady said...

Oh wow! I LOVED the little professor! I used to sit next to my dad on Sundays with it and "help him" do the bills.

suzannemarques said...

awwwww LOOOOVE this!