Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kelly Bensimon's Friend Gwyneth's Nashville Pad

I have to be honest, I rarely read GOOP even though I am sure it is full of good stuff. It is often about children which I don't have or I don't have the kind of time or patience for Gwynnie's sometimes lengthy posts. But today's GOOP featured the loft apartment she lived in while filming a movie in Nashville, designed by Annette Joseph.

Stunning isn't it? Did I mention Annette had TEN days to complete this vision of loveliness?

I have to hand it to GOOP for the recipes it sends out. They look delicious, and one day I pray to have the time to make some of them to judge firsthand. So what I am getting at is Gwynnie loves to cook so she requested a cook's kitchen. Is she a cook, or a chef? Do you know the difference? Kelly Bensimon does, and they are friends, just so you know.

A proper bathtub was requested for little Apple and Moses as G enjoys giving them their nightly bath. The tile in here is faux marble and only $13 s/f and the bathtub was a bargain floor sample! Annette credits her relationships with vendors and their 24/7 help with her ability to transform this space in such little time.

The bedroom is simple yet decadent with this fantastic king size bed from Mitchell Gold. Better photos on GOOP.

The detailed make over is found on GOOP, so if you're interested in finding out more about how this light and comfy apartment was transformed to its present state....

from this....

and this...check it out HERE.

Hats off to Annette Joseph. I'm sure this transformation was anything but easy.

2 comments:

Hello Lover... said...

Pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing I had actually forgotten all about goop - I'm going to have to go back and check it out.

ticklishfromadistance said...

This is amazing. Delish. I, too, forget about Goop. Going over.