Monday, November 8, 2010

LA Mart Designer Appreciation Awards

I was humbly invited to attend the 10th Anniversary Los Angeles Mart Designer Appreciation Awards last Thursday, November 4th. Me and some of my fellow students enjoyed a lovely evening of cocktails and hors d'oeuvres as three of the Mart's standout designers were honored. It was a great night!

I was hanging with the big dogs along amongst all the ASID Student Chapter Members. So nice of them to let me tag along!

The lobby was a perfect place for a low-key awards presentation.

I was my friend Jamie's T.A. many moons ago. Some of the best things to come out of my program include new friends. Plus she is shorter than me, so I tend to let her hang around and make me look tall.

I loved this window display at Two's Company in the lobby. A saddle and some riding boots really makes it feel like fall.


You know I love me some faux trophy heads.

I caught this picture of two of the three designers honored that night posing with their award. It was really beautiful, reminded me of a Baccart sculpture. Congrats ladies!

This is my new bestie Steve Martin. He's the Arc-ID Program Representative and he does a GREAT job with all us students.

At the end of the night we snapped a group shot. It was such a fun night!

1 comment:

Karena said...

What a great time!! A super event, so glad I found your site!

Come read a great interview, then enter my latest giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena