Monday, May 7, 2012

Christopher Guy BritWeek Design Awards


This past week was BritWeek in Los Angeles, when all our friends from across the pond get together and celebrate British design.  I entered the Christopher Guy Design Competition this year where we were supposed to design a piece of furniture based on a Philip Treacy creation, and although I was not the big winner, I am really happy that one of my classmates tied for 2nd place.  I was invited to the Awards ceremony and grand opening of Christopher Guy's new showroom on Beverly, and it was such a spectacular night.  Sponsored by Jaguar with free flowing Vueve Clicquot from the ice bars, the under construction space felt like something out of an Alexander McQueen runway show.  After the awards were handed out, Treacy's latest collection floating throughout the showroom....

This reminded me of of the Royal Wedding.  And I love yellow, so go figure.

I incorporated this design into my submission as the feet of my armoire.





My design was based on this particular fascinator....I absolutely love it.


Creepy, but glamorous.....



This chevron striped feather creation was so gorgeous. Definitely one of my favorites.


I thought a peplum dress would be well suited for the night, too bad I have no pictures of it!  
Oh well, here is a pic of me and Chaz.

And my partner in crime Adriana had a blast too.  She ran into Philip Treacy and his brood of models while waiting for the restroom in the back, hence her big smile.  Such a fun night, thanks Brits!!!!

No comments: