Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Out of the Frying Pan...

Did you miss me? I know it's been a minute since I blogged, but does someone want to tell me what the fuck this is all about?


Here sits Peter Brady in a green leather chair from his self-titled furniture line. Nice boots.
Yep, that's Peter Brady and he has a furniture line. Last night in my online perusing of the interwebs for dining chairs, I saw this mess. And now I cannot un-see it.


Really guy?
How do I not go on a rant about people who are completely unqualified to accompany me on a trip to Ikea, much less sell me anything design related, trying to swim in our lane; I'm looking at you Kourtney Kardashian. When did this become okay? Where would it be acceptable for me to put on a pair of scrubs and go perform open-heart surgery? I worked my ass off to earn my Master's and I'm beyond over anyone who has put in zero dues jumping on the design bandwagon. Hell, go be a DJ or something.
Just because your tv dad was an architect doesn't mean you know shit about furniture design. Remember the episode where the lady wanted the building to look like a lipstick, but then she changed her mind and wanted it to be fluffy like a powder puff?


Fluffier....FLUFFIER!
Annnnd you're fired.






No comments: